law575 | Graduate
Business Law For Consultants
topic title goes here
Employment and Regulatory Risk
- Distinguish the types of legally prohibited types of discrimination, associated risks and methods of mitigation for each.
- Differentiate among types of agency and employment relationships and associated legal considerations with regard to each.
Property, Governance, and Criminal Liability
- Distinguish among personal, real, and intellectual property.
- Differentiate methods for protection of personal, real, and intellectual property.
- Determine appropriate methods to address potential property risks.
- Analyze required regulatory compliance for business common situations.
- Evaluate organizational adherence to governance principles.
The Importance of Critical Thinking in Law and Business
- Examine the eight-step critical thinking model.
- Apply critical thinking to make legal reasoning valuable in the business context.
- Use critical thinking approach to advance the quality of business decisions.
The Legal System, the Legal Forms of Business, and Legal Issues in International Business
- Examine the origins, evolution, and purposes of law in society.
- Explain the role and structure of the judicial system and the relationship of civil procedure to substantive law.
- Describe the major forms of Alternative Dispute Resolution and their application to business disputes.
- Evaluate practical, cultural, and legal risks associated with international business activity.
- Describe the basic legal forms business entities.
- Differentiate among types of torts.
- Develop methods to mitigate business tort risks, including product and strict liability risks.
- Apply the risk management process to mitigate business risks.
- Analyze the legal elements necessary to contract formation.
- Assess legal defenses to contract formation.
- Consider the Parol Evidence rule, contract remedies, E-Contracts, and the global dimensions of contract and sales law.
- Determine the most appropriate methods for contract dispute resolution.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.