lco372 | undergraduate
Leadership Communication Ethics
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Ethics, Diversity, and Crisis
- Identify values and cultural differences in relation to ethical challenges in leadership.
- Define ethical crisis and the role of management.
- Explain the importance of transparency and responsibility in ethical crisis.
- Evaluate the role of diversity in ethical leadership.
Identifying Obstacles to Ethical Leadership
- Define leaders and followers.
- Summarize the concept of ethical leadership.
- Identify the role of power, privilege, and information in leadership.
- Analyze motivation, expertise, and decision making in leaders.
Characteristics of an Ethical Leader
- Identify positive characteristics of a leader.
- Assess character building as a lifelong leadership exercise.
- Evaluate various misuses of leadership including exclusion, deception, and bureaucracy and identify how to create an ethical organizational environment.
Ethical Perspectives and Decision Making in Leadership
- Identify ethical perspectives in leadership.
- Discuss benefits and challenges of applied ethical perspectives in an organization.
- Assess approaches to ethical decision making.
Leadership Theories and Ethical Contexts
- Describe key leadership theories.
- Identify best practices and challenges in applied leadership theory.
- Identify and assess characteristics of an ethical organizational environment.
- Explain ethical interaction, emotional intelligence, and productive conflict.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.