lco336 | undergraduate
Organizational Communication Theory
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Issues and Solutions in Organizational Communication
- Identify core characteristics of strategic communication.
- Evaluate leading perspectives on conflict.
- Recognize current trends in organizational communication.
Information Technology, Control, Diversity, and Change
- Identify the effects of diversity and culture in an organization.
- Assess the role of informational technology and its organizational impact.
- Explain the concepts of cultural control, change, and the ethics of diversity.
Theories of Organizational Communication
- Assess systems theories and their influence on organizational communication.
- Identify core organizational communication theories.
- Evaluate various perspectives of communication and culture as applied to organizational communication.
Organizational Communication: Perspective and Functions
- Evaluate the various perspectives of organizational communication.
- Summarize the concept of organizational communication.
- Identify the functions of communication.
- Analyze the role of interpersonal communication in an organization.
The Role of Relationships in Organizational Communication
- Analyze perspectives on group relationships.
- Identify leadership theory and leader–member relationships.
- Evaluate the role of power in organizational communication.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.