leo563 | Graduate
Law Enforcement Intelligence Operations
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
The Investigative Process
- Identify the elements of investigations.
- Identify resources used in investigations.
- Identify investigative methods involved in intelligence and criminal investigations.
- Describe the steps and resources required to properly implement an investigation.
Undercover and Covert Operations
- Explain the process of intelligence protection.
- Describe the necessity of undercover operations during and after an intelligence gathering operation.
- Identify concerns associated with the use of informants.
- Describe the external and internal safeguards used by intelligence agencies.
- Define covert operations in law enforcement.
Identifying, Gathering, and Analyzing Intelligence
- Compare criminal intelligence gathering methods.
- Apply the critical management elements of conducting intelligence operations.
- Explain the information reporting and sharing process.
- Identify the types of surveillance used in intelligence collection.
- Explain the analysis process.
Legal, Ethical, and Moral Issues of Intelligence in Law Enforcement Operations
- Describe the legal, ethical, and moral issues involved in intelligence collection.
- Describe the legal, ethical, and moral issues that may occur when working with other intelligence organizations.
- Describe the legal, ethical, and moral issues that may occur between law enforcement and the media.
The Changing Role of Intelligence in Law Enforcement
- Explain the changing role of intelligence in law enforcement.
- Identify changing intelligence opportunities in law enforcement.
- Assess current trends and the future of law enforcement intelligence.
The Role of Intelligence in Law Enforcement
- Identify organizations that comprise the intelligence community.
- Define intelligence.
- Identify types of criminal intelligence.
- Analyze how terrorism has changed the role of intelligence in law enforcement.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.