lit420 | undergraduate
Comic Books And Graphic Novels
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Visual and Literary Conventions
- Analyze the use of visual elements in a comic book or graphic novel to convey literary conventions, such as tone, point of view, and action.
- Describe the relationship between linguistic and visual choices in a comic book or graphic novel.
Comic Book Genres and the Superhero
- Describe various genres of comic books and graphic novels.
- Compare characterization within different comic book genres.
- Analyze the conventions of the superhero genre.
Ideology, Race, and Gender
- Explain the use of comic books and graphic novels as expressions of ideology.
- Analyze the representations of gender, race, ethnicity, or other minority differences in comic books and graphic novels.
- Describe comic books and graphic novels as reflections or subversions of society.
Comic Books, Graphic Novels, and Popular Culture
- Identify significant comic books traditions outside of the United States.
- Analyze the influence of comic books and graphic novels on American culture.
- Analyze the use of literary conventions within comic books and graphic novels.
History of Comic Books and Graphic Novels
- Define key terms associated with comic books and graphic novels.
- Identify prominent comic book and graphic novel writers and artists.
- Describe the history of the comic book and graphic novel.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.