med571 | Graduate
Teaching Methods: Mathematics Through The Arts
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Integrating the Arts Into Mathematics Instruction
- Propose ways of integrating the arts to teach, reinforce, and extend mathematics concepts.
- Propose ways of managing lessons and activities that integrate mathematics and the arts.
- Integrate the arts into mathematics lessons.
- Integrate the arts into independent practice and extension of a mathematics concept.
Creating Integrated Mathematics/Art Lessons
- Adapt mathematics/art lesson plans for diverse learners.
- Create a mathematics lesson plan for each art discipline.
Using Technology and Assessment in Mathematics/Art Instruction
- Identify technological tools and resources for use in mathematics/art lessons.
- Develop assessments for mathematics/art lessons.
- All objectives apply.
- Identify benefits of integrated instruction.
- Identify national and state standards for mathematics and for the arts for your grade level.
Connecting Mathematics and the Arts
- Analyze the relationship between mathematics and the arts for your grade level.
- Identify how each of the four art disciplines can correspond to the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics Standards.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.