mgt356 | undergraduate
Retail Personnel Management
topic title goes here
Legal and Ethics Issues in Retail Personnel Management
- Examine the legal and ethical aspects of the hiring process.
- Examine the legal and ethical aspects of managing employees.
- Evaluate the importance of balancing the needs of the organization with the needs of the employee.
- Describe the legal and ethical considerations of the employment termination process.
Measuring Employee Performance in a Retail Organization
- Identify metrics that indicate retail employee success.
- Relate employee success to an organization's profit objectives.
- Identify performance appraisal techniques appropriate to the retail environment.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of performance appraisal techniques.
Training and Motivating the Retail Team
- Identify training needs.
- Develop the components of a training program.
- Examine the various types of training.
- Examine motivational theories applicable to the retail environment.
- Apply motivational strategies to various groups of employees.
- Survey industry, category, and job type attrition rates.
- Forecast staffing requirements.
- Create job descriptions.
- Identify sources of qualified applicants.
- Match people with jobs based on personal characteristics, work experience, and skill sets.
- Analyze the life-cycle of a sale.
- Explain how employee behavior and appearance can affect customer perception and sales.
- Analyze strategies unique to managing a sales team.
- Create work schedules that meet the needs of retail personnel, consumers, and organizational objectives.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.