mgt403 | undergraduate
Environmental Management Systems
topic title goes here
Fundamentals of Environmental Management Systems
- Describe environmental management systems.
- Explain the purpose of the ISO 14000 guidelines.
- Identify terms related to environmental management systems.
Strategic Approach for Environmental Policy, Plans, and Actions
- Explain the scope and process of different types of EMS audits.
- Assess an organization's preparation for ISO 14000 certification.
- Identify potential ISO 14000 registration problems.
- Describe the registration steps required for implementing ISO 14000.
Key Components of Environmental Management Systems
- Identify the levels of ISO 14000 documentation hierarchy.
- Explain the ISO requirements of an environmental management system.
- Describe environmental policy concerns.
- Explain the Plan, Do, Check, Act cycle.
Evaluating ISO Management Standards
- Explain the continual incremental improvement to environmental performance.
- Identify ways to increase EMS performance through continual improvement.
- Differentiate between improvement and maintenance methods.
Operational Utilization of Environmental Management Systems
- Use an ISO 14000 Checklist as an evaluation tool.
- Explain the elements of EMS documentation.
- Identify an ISO 14000 documentation system structure.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.