Innovative & Creative Business Thinking
Start when you're ready
Choose an upcoming start date:
Please Note: Attendance and participation are mandatory in all University courses, and specific requirements may differ by course. If attendance requirements are not met, a student may be removed from the course. Please review the Course Attendance Policy in the Catalog for more information.
University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses. While widely available, not all programs are available to residents of all states. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Course level: Undergraduate
This course provides students with the skills and knowledge necessary for using innovative and creative thinking strategies to improve managerial decision making and problem solving. Emphasis is placed upon learning critical skills to identify and facilitate innovative behavior and collaboration within the organization that will increase sustainable business growth and strengthen abilities to respond to organizational changes and challenges. Course lectures, reading and projects span theory and practice and draw upon examples from multiple industry sectors.
What you'll learn
Course skills and outcomes
- Describe the concepts of creative intelligence and innovation.
- Clarify the rules and characteristics of innovation.
- Explain processes that can be used to help promote innovation.
- Define key principles of entrepreneurship.
- Analyze factors involved in the development of innovative strategies.
- Summarize factors involved in the innovation systems design process.
- Explain the innovation planning process.
- Analyze how innovation is changing traditional strategic management approaches.
- Describe strategies that can be used to build an innovative and entrepreneurial organization.
- Formulate an innovation measurement and reward system.
- Describe approaches that can be used to improve creative problem solving.
- Explain key issues related to innovation implementation and evaluation.
- Design a theory-based strategic experiment.
- Clarify issues related to acquiring and implementing external technology.
- Assess an organization’s ecosystem in terms of innovation.
- Evaluate strategies that can be used to build and implement a global business plan.
- Design strategies to increase employee motivation during times of change.
- Evaluate the role of leadership in developing an innovative culture.
- Devise an innovative solution to a business problem.