mgt498 | undergraduate
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Strategic Planning and Strategic Management - The Fundamentals
- Indicate the differences between strategic planning and strategic management.
- Describe the components of an internal analysis leading to strategic planning.
- Describe the components of an external analysis leading to strategic planning.
- Discuss how to categorize different industries.
Building a Competitive Advantage - Limitations and Opportunities
- Explain the influence of ethics, social responsibility, and legal considerations on strategic planning.
- Examine competitive strategies.
- Appraise costing and financial strategies.
- Outline value chain strategies.
Tactical Implementation and Metrics
- Examine growth strategies and strategic implementation.
- Explain how organizational structure influences implementation.
- Describe cultural, structural, and leadership considerations that must be incorporated into strategy implementation.
- Examine metrics to measure implementation performance.
Innovation, Sustainability, and the Global Market
- Assess the advantages and disadvantages of globalization and the impact on the strategic management plan.
- Construct a long-term strategic management plan for sustaining organizational performance via strategic alliances.
- Compare innovation strategies to sustain long-term strategic growth.
Strategic Plan Evaluation, Control, and Feedback
- Evaluate the appropriate controls, performance measures, and feedback systems to use for various business scenarios.
- Examine product diversification.
- Investigate key performance indicators.
- Evaluate company strategy and social value.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.