mgt521 | Graduate
topic title goes here
Introduction to Business Management
- Evaluate management competencies and styles.
- Examine the evolution of management theories.
- Discuss the role of management in organizations.
The Changing Management Environment
- Examine organizational culture, core competencies, and values.
- Discuss change management and innovation.
- Determine how sustainable advantage can be used in an organization.
- Examine an internal environmental analysis.
- Examine an external environmental analysis.
- Determine strategic objectives, business goals, and operational tactics.
- Differentiate among basic types of structures used within organizations.
- Analyze the role of strategy on structure.
- Determine the building blocks of organizational structures.
- Discuss the leadership function within the management role.
- Differentiate between various leadership theories.
- Analyze the leadership function in organizational goal achievement.
- Summarize the basic elements of the control process.
- Evaluate the tools used in the control process.
- Evaluate business metrics as part of the control function.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.