mkt421 | undergraduate
topic title goes here
Understanding Marketing Concepts and Consumer Behavior
- Explore ways to build a personal brand for expanded professional opportunities.
- Identify basic marketing concepts.
- Explain how marketing decisions are influenced by internal and external forces.
- Evaluate ways to build long-term customer relationships.
Marketing Research, Marketing Planning and Segmentation and Positioning
- Examine the elements of a comprehensive marketing plan.
- Compare various marketing research methods and technologies and their strengths and weaknesses.
- Analyze the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats and trends (SWOTT) faced by an organization.
- Establish a clearly defined target market and differentiation and positioning strategy.
Branding, Products/Services and Pricing Strategies
- Analyze the steps to take a new product or service from concept to commercialization.
- Analyze how strong brands bring value to an organization and its customers.
- Explain how marketing objectives change throughout the product life cycle.
- Evaluate various pricing strategies for setting the price of a product or service.
Marketing Distribution and Integrated Marketing Communications Strategies
- Examine how channels of distribution efficiently deliver a product into the hands of the consumer.
- Compare brick-and-mortar vs. online retail strategies.
- Compare the advantages and disadvantages of the following promotional methods: mass marketing, direct marketing, personal selling, public relations, and digital marketing.
- Evaluate the potential for new digital marketing techniques.
Entrepreneurial Marketing, Multi-Cultural and International Marketing, and Marketing Trends
- Explore the best marketing tools to use in a small business setting.
- Contrast cultural, economic, political and legal differences between domestic and global markets.
- Apply cultural knowledge in formulating marketing strategies directed to a multicultural population.
- Identify marketing trends.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.