mpa563 | Graduate
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Political Process and Public Policy in Budgeting
- Explain budget preparation, budget enactment, and budget execution at the national, state, and local levels.
Budgetary Analysis Techniques
- Evaluate common expenditure forecasting approaches.
- Explain accounting for the levy, collection, revenue recognition, and enforcement of taxes.
Management Accountability and the Political Process
- Evaluate the effects of public policy and the political process on budgeting in the national, state, and local levels.
- Evaluate the usefulness of financial reporting for governments.
- Discuss the similarities and differences between General Fund and Special Revenue Funds.
Budget Preparation and Execution
- Explain how shortcomings of the budget process at the national level affect the pass-through to the state and local levels.
- Assess the impact of budgetary reform movements on governmental budgeting.
Nature of Public Budgeting
- Explain the cyclical nature of budget development, execution, and evaluation.
- Describe the sources and uses of revenue in public budgeting.
- Differentiate between the various budgeting approaches used in the public sector.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.