mspr510 | Graduate
Strategic Public Relations
This graduate-level course is 6 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Plan Implementation: Choosing the Strategic Communication Tactics
- Assess the impact of strategic communication tactics on audiences and publics.
- Recognize the relationship between strategic public relations and integrated marketing communications.
- Apply strategic communication tactics to public relations campaigns.
- Develop public relations campaign schedules and budgets.
- Describe and evaluate strategic communication tactics.
Plan Evaluation: Assessing the Strategic Public Relations Plan
- Identify what to evaluate, when to evaluate, and how to evaluate.
- Describe the evaluation tools and techniques.
- Analyze data to evaluate public relations programs.
- Create evaluation reports to validate the viability and value-added of the public relations plan.
Situational Analysis, Part I: Understanding the Company and its Environment
- Identify and analyze a companyâs public relations opportunities and obstacles.
- Identify and manage a companyâs issues, risks, crisis, and reputation.
- Review the role of ethics in public relations.
- Examine a companyâs internal and external environments.
Situational Analysis, Part II: Identifying Key Publics
- Identify the different strategic groups associated to an organization.
- Explain the characteristics and categories of various publics.
- Analyze key publics, their development stage, and the cultural context.
- Determine the appropriate publics for a communication campaign.
Strategy Development: Creating the Public Relations Approaches
- Develop an impactful companyâs positioning.
- Identify the companyâs goals and objectives.
- Formulate proactive public relations strategies.
- Prepare reactive public relations strategies.
Message Development: Formulating the Message Strategy
- 4.1 Apply different communication models.
- 4.2 Establish ethos, develop pathos, and convey logos.
- 4.3 Communicate messages using verbal and nonverbal strategies.
- 4.4 Apply the concept of branding to achieve message consistency.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.