mspr522 | Graduate
This graduate-level course is 6 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Creating Content for Media
- Recognize essential considerations for speeches and presentations.
- Manage pre-publication review.
- Evaluate online and offline channels of distribution.
- Identify best practices in written communications for media.
Media Relations Management
- Apply ethical considerations in media relations.
- Analyze media relations objectives and events planning.
- Evaluate core elements of program and campaign planning.
- Identify methods of evaluation and measurement.
Understanding Media Relations
- Summarize the roles of the journalist and the public relations professional.
- Evaluate best practices for media relations writing.
- Identify components of persuasion and persuasive writing.
- Analyze how public relations professionals create news.
Pitching to Media
- Identify the importance of the Associated Press Stylebook.
- Assess the relationship between the media and the public relations professional.
- Recognize the basic components of a news release.
- Assess best practices for responding to questions from the media.
- Analyze the value of the op-ed.
- Review criteria used for creating effective photos.
- Recognize the rules of radio, television, and the Internet.
Managing the Media
- Analyze strategies of the media interview.
- Recognize the value of the online newsroom.
- Identify legal and copyright issues and how to navigate these issues with success.
- Evaluate best practices for digital media.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.