mte507ca | Graduate
Orientation To Teacher Education
This graduate-level course is 1 week This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
- Examine the Field Experience Record
- Identify field experience requirements
- Identify opportunities for field experience
Teaching Performance Assessment (TPA)
- Define the Teaching Performance Assessments (TPAs)
- Explain the relationship between the Teaching Performance Assessments, student teaching courses, and the student teaching practicum experience
Introduction to the Teacher Education Program
- Identify the resources available in the program handbook
- Identify admission and progression requirements
- Identify degree completion requirements
- Identify the program description
- Define the mission and purpose of the College of Education
- Identify the features of the course materials page
- Identify the resources available in the Virtual School
- Identify the resources available in the Web Links Library
- College of Education Resources video
- Identify the purpose and use of the e-portfolio in the Teacher Education Program
- Establish a TaskStream account
- Define the Direct Response Folio (DRF)
- Describe the Assignments DRF
- Describe the Student Teaching Evaluations DRF
- Analyze the differences between the Assignments DRF and the Student Teaching Evaluations DRF
- Describe the Personal Presentation and Resource Portfolios
- Identify student teaching requirements
- Define the roles and responsibilities of the student teacher, faculty supervisor, and cooperating (master) teacher
- Examine the relationship between the Student Teaching Seminar courses and the student teaching experience
- Identify student teaching materials
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.