mte523 | Graduate
Maintaining An Effective Learning Climate
topic title goes here
- Analyze the guiding principles and key stakeholders of a classroom management plan.
- Analyze the influences that home, society, and school have on classroom expectations and discipline issues.
- Evaluate the impact of one’s personal philosophy on a classroom management plan.
- Describe the need for an organized classroom management plan.
Approaches to Classroom Management
- Analyze how instructional planning enhances classroom management.
- Identify technology resources that can assist in classroom management.
- Compare various classroom management and discipline models.
- Identify cultural issues that may affect the classroom management plan.
Establishing Classroom Expectations and Procedures
- Analyze reasons and methods for establishing classroom expectations and procedures according to purpose, age-appropriateness, and ease of implementation.
- Evaluate time management strategies, including transition time, distribution of materials, and the use of time limits to assist in effectively maintaining continuity within the classroom.
The Classroom as a Community
- Describe the importance of developing the classroom as a community.
- Examine the importance of mutual respect in the classroom.
- Identify communication roadblocks and solutions.
- Demonstrate communication skills that assist in solving problems.
- Identify methods of conflict resolution and peer mediation in the learning environment.
- Analyze teacher and student interactions.
Engaging the Learner
- Describe strategies to enhance student responsibility and social development.
- Explain how student motivation is affected by reward and punishment.
- Compare various classroom environments and their impact on student engagement.
- Design a physical environment to promote student engagement.
- Analyze strategies for involving students in the learning process.
Working With Parents
- Identify the value of parental involvement in classroom management.
- Describe strategies to promote effective communication between parents and teachers.
- Apply planning and communication skills in preparing for a parent-teacher-student conference.
Addressing Disruptive and Off-Task Behaviors
- Compare disruptive and nondisruptive off-task behaviors.
- Identify proactive techniques to prevent violent or abusive behavior.
- Apply strategies to address off-task behaviors.
Materials Management and Record Keeping
- Compare and contrast systems of materials management and record keeping that assist in creating an effective learning climate for all students.
- Identify technology that can be used for materials management and record keeping.
- Examine methods of documenting behavior to share with parents and staff.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.