mte531ca | Graduate
Curriculum Const & Assmt: History And Social Science
topic title goes here
Differentiating Instruction for Diverse Learners
- Analyze instructional strategies used to modify learning activities for diverse learners.
- Examine how personal experiences shape teaching/learning perceptions in the history and social science classroom.
- Examine current trends and issues regarding differentiating social studies instruction and assessment.
- Create lessons that incorporate strategies for active learning.
- Create lessons that require students to utilize critical thinking and study skills.
- Explain the importance of including primary sources in history and social science lessons.
- Evaluate applicable Internet resources for use in history and social science instruction.
- Create varied assessments that align to the lesson objectives and include performance-oriented tasks.
Integrating History and Social Science and Other Content
- Design an integrated instructional unit.
- Describe how the integration of social studies with other content areas promotes student learning.
- Evaluate integrated and/or interdisciplinary lessons.
Defining the Social Studies Discipline
- Compare the social studies discipline areas of history, geography, civics and government, economics, and psychology.
- Examine the themes adn skills of the national and state social studies standards.
- Analyze the nature of citizenship education and its potential impact on students.
- Examine the characteristics of effective social studies instruction.
The History and Social Science K-8 Curriculum
- Examine developmental expectations in the instruction of social studies content for elementary and middle grade students.
- Analyze students’ perspectives on history and social science and the implications for instruction.
- Recommend curriculum that expands children’s knowledge of the world community.
- Describe strategies for curriculum mapping.
- Describe ways to integrate history and social science instruction with other content areas.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.