mte534 | Graduate
Curriculum Const & Assmt: Visual And Performing Arts
topic title goes here
Integrating Visual and Performing Arts into the Classroom
- Create a standards-based unit of study that integrates visual or performing arts with other content areas.
- Evaluate authentic uses of the Arts in the classroom.
- Analyze issues of classroom behavioral management during Arts instruction.
- Develop materials-management strategies for use in Arts instruction.
Defining Visual and Performing Arts Content
- Identify national and state standards in visual arts, dance and movement, music, and drama.
Explain the four components of quality arts programs: criticism, history, production, and aesthetics.
- Use appropriate vocabulary to identify and describe visual and performing arts.
- Analyze a work of visual, musical, or performance art using the elements and principles of design.
- Defend the necessity and value of visual and performing arts in the elementary curriculum.
Visual and Performing Arts Resources, Materials, and the Diverse Learner
- Identify strategies for integrating Art into the curriculum to accommodate diverse learners.
- Evaluate visual and performing arts materials and equipment that are appropriate for classroom instruction.
- Identify relevant, useful technology tools and community resources for integrating Art into classroom instruction.
- Repurpose materials to accommodate diverse learners.
Integrating Visual and Performing Arts into the Curriculum
- Distinguish among the historical periods in the Arts.
- Create an authentic, standards-based, production-oriented Arts lesson plan.
- Create a variety of assessments that appropriately address established Arts-lesson objectives.
- Examine successful planning and preparation for visual and performing arts integration.
- Describe the importance of curriculum mapping in planning and preparation.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.