mte536 | Graduate
topic title goes here
Children's Literature Genres: Multicultural Literature
- Examine multicultural children's literature
Importance of Reading
- Evaluate reasons for reading
- Analyze engaged and unengaged reading
- Identify ways teachers can be good reading models
- Identify the benefits of reading
- Describe ways to motivate children to read
Children's Literature Genres: Non-Fiction
- Examine non-fiction genres of informational books and biographies
Selecting and Using Children's Literature in the Classroom
- Examine strategies for teaching across the curriculum with children's literature
- Analyze methods of selecting books
- Create an integrated, literature-based thematic unit
- Describe ways that students can respond to literature
- Examine various children's book awards
Children's Literature Genres: Fiction
- Examine fiction genres of fantasy, science fiction, contemporary realistic fiction, and historical fiction
Children's Literature Genres: Picture Books and Poetry
- Analyze the definition of a picture book
- Examine the components of a picture book
- Identify forms and elements of poetry
- Describe how to build an appreciation for poetry
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.