mte537ca | Graduate
Curriculum Const & Assmt: Physical Education And Health
topic title goes here
Instructional and Assessment Strategies in Health Education
- Describe ways of integrating technology into health education instruction.
- Describe the relationship between the stages of K-8 students’ growth and development to a healthy lifestyle, self-concept, and wellness.
- Analyze instructional strategies for teaching health.
- Examine how to adapt health education instruction and assessment for diverse learners.
- Evaluate materials and resources related to health.
Instructional and Assessment Strategies in Physical Education
- Analyze instructional techniques and methods for the physical education curriculum.
- Examine how to adapt physical education instruction and assessment for diverse learners.
- Evaluate materials and resources related to physical education.
- Describe ways of integrating technology into physical education instruction.
- Describe the relationship between the stages of K-8 students’ growth and development to movement, skill development, and fitness.
Integrating Health, Physical Education, and Other Content
- Design an integrated instructional unit.
- Demonstrate an age-appropriate integrated lesson on a key content area of physical education and health.
- Create assessments that align to lesson objectives and include performance-oriented tasks.
Physical Education and Health Content
- Identify the history, purpose, and scope of health education and physical education.
- Define health and wellness.
- Examine state and national health education and physical education standards.
- Examine ways in which health and physical education can be integrated into other content areas.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.