mte549 | Graduate
Curriculum Const & Assmt: Distance Edu Methods For Sec Schl
topic title goes here
Distance Education Learners and Learner Issues
- Participate in an interactive, online learning community.
- Summarize research on distance learner profiles.
- Describe how to accommodate various learning styles in distance education.
- Examine issues related to plagiarism and academic dishonesty in a distance education environment.
Content Delivery in Distance Education and Teacher Ethics
- Describe the components of an effective distance education course.
- Identify teaching strategies that promote effective student learning in a distance education environment.
- Compare distance education to traditional classroom delivery and instruction.
- Analyze issues related to copyright law in a distance education environment.
- Critique a distance learning course for sound implementation of distance education principles.
Student Assessment and Program Evaluation in Distance Education
- Analyze traditional and alternative assessment techniques that are viable in evaluating distance education learning outcomes.
- Design a Web site that could be used in a distance education course.
- Evaluate a distance education delivery system.
History and Technologies of Distance Education
- Develop a definition of distance education.
- Outline the general history of distance education from correspondence study to the use of electronic communications media.
- Compare and contrast the technologies used to deliver distance education.
- Identify the impact that distance education has on student learning and secondary education.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.