mte551 | Graduate
Curriculum Constructs And Assessment: Physical Education
topic title goes here
Integrating Literature, Technology, and Media
- Evaluate physical education materials and equipment appropriate to instruction.
Integrate literature into a physical education lesson.
Analyze the legal and ethical issues regarding the use of technology in the classroom.
Compile a list of fiction and non-fiction literature to enhance the teaching of physical education.
- Explore various technologies and media that can be used to support physical education instruction.
Reading and Writing Strategies
Evaluate current physical education texts.
Examine strategies for building students' comprehension and vocabulary skills in physical education.
Implement reading and writing strategies in a physical education lesson.
Describe methods to incorporate reading and writing strategies into physical education lessons.
Review of Physical Education Content Knowledge
- Examine your state’s teacher licensure examinations for physical education.
- Define physical education in secondary schools.
History and Trends in Physical Education
Explain a rationale that supports physical education in the secondary curriculum.
Explain historical perspectives and trends in the study of physical education.
Examine current themes and trends in the teaching of physical education.
Standards and Curricula
Examine state and national physical education standards.
Describe the importance of curriculum mapping in planning and preparation.
- Analyze professional resources available to physical education teachers.
- Review the roles of physical education professional organizations.
- Identify professional development opportunities in physical education available in your state.
- Analyze the importance of staying current in physical education.
Classroom Assessments and Rubrics
Evaluate the characteristics of effective physical education assessment.
Analyze formative and summative physical education assessments and rubrics.
Construct a performance-based assessment.
Construct an open-ended assessment.
Instructional Approaches and Strategies
Review approaches to unit and lesson planning in teaching physical education.
Analyze ways in which differentiating instruction occurs in the physical education classroom.
Propose innovative instructional strategies and materials used to teach physical education to adolescents.
- Identify ways in which classroom management techniques can enhance the physical education classroom.
Analyze effective motivational techniques to engage physical education students.
- Develop an instructional unit for physical education.
Parent, Teacher, and Community Collaboration
Explore strategies to utilize community resources in the physical education classroom.
- Explore the range of social, health, educational and language-related service agencies and other resources that are available at school and off-campus.
- Examine how family and personal experiences shape teaching/learning perceptions in the physical education classroom.
- Explain the importance of parent/teacher communication and collaboration.
- Determine strategies for increasing the level of parental involvement.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.