mte556 | Graduate
Curr Constr & Assess: Distance Ed Methods For Sec Schools
This course examines methods for incorporating distance learning into middle and high school settings. Various instructional and assessment strategies are explored, along with ethical issues related to the distance education environment. Students are given the opportunity to participate in an interactive, online environment.
This graduate-level course is 6 This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Distance Education and Student Learning
Identify the effect distance education has on student learning and secondary education.
- Summarize research on distance learner profiles.
- Describe how to accommodate various learning styles in distance education.
Distance Education Classroom
- Identify teaching strategies that promote effective student learning in a distance education environment.
- Compare distance education to traditional classroom delivery and instruction.
- Participate in an interactive, online learning community.
Describe the components of an effective distance education course.
Ethics in Distance Education
Examine issues related to plagiarism and academic dishonesty in a distance education environment.
- Analyze issues related to copyright law in a distance education environment.
Student Assessment in Distance Education
Analyze traditional and alternative assessment techniques that are viable for evaluating distance education learning outcomes.
- Design a website that could be used in a distance education course.
Program Evaluation in Distance Education
Critique a distance learning course for sound implementation of distance education principles.
- Evaluate a distance education delivery system.
History of Distance Education
Develop a definition of distance education.
- Outline the general history of distance education from correspondence study to the use of electronic communications media.
- Compare and contrast the technologies used to deliver distance education.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.