mte561 | Graduate
This graduate-level course is 6 This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Planning and Conducting Action Research
- Examine the elements of an effective action research proposal outline and planning matrix
- Analyze the elements of an effective problem statement
- Identify the basic steps in developing an action research plan
- Examine methods of collecting, analyzing, and organizing data
- Evaluate methods for analyzing data in qualitative research
- Examine scholarly literature to document research problems and solutions
- Differentiate between primary and secondary literature sources
- Identify the elements of an effective literature review
- Describe the steps involved in conducting an online literature review
- Examine the elements that differentiate qualitative from quantitative research
- Describe the purpose of research as it impacts decision-making and educational practices
- Analyze various sources for research ideas
- Examine various approaches to conducting educational research
American Psychological Association (APA) Form and Style
- Review the APA requirements for scholarly writing
Organizing, Analyzing, and Interpreting Data
- Analyze the importance of sampling methods
- Compare methods for collecting different types of data
- Explain how elements of research can affect validity and reliability
- Analyze the purpose of descriptive statistics
- Identify appropriate uses for measures of central tendency
- Analyze the elements of effective graphs and charts for data presentation
- Examine the purpose of standard deviation in data analysis
- Analyze uses for z-scores when conducting research
- Examine the use of correlational statistics in educational research
- Examine uses for frequency distributions in data collection and analysis
- Identify the rationale for using null and alternate hypotheses
- Examine the purpose of tests of statistical significance in educational research
- Determine when a variety of statistical procedures are appropriate for different research purposes, including z-test, t-test, and Chi-square analysis
Ethical Issues Related to Research and Technology
- Analyze examples of research situations involving legal, ethical, or human relations issues
- Examine the elements of the American Psychological Association's (APA) written code of ethics
- Outline guidelines for conducting research using human subjects
- Examine the ethical issues that can arise when publishing reports of a research study
- Analyze the impact of technology on individual and social behaviors
- Examine the ethical ramifications of using the Internet to transport and store school, student/employee, and personal data
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.