mth217 | undergraduate
topic title goes here
- Convert between percentages, fractions, and decimals.
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide fractions.
- Evaluate expressions including order of operations and square root problems.
- Evaluate series including series notation.
- Calculate factorials.
- Determine the outcomes of an event.
- Solve mutually exclusive and inclusive probability problems.
- Calculate probabilities using the classical and relative frequency approaches.
Introduction to Statistics
- Determine all possible samples from a specified population.
- Distinguish between a sample and a population.
- Determine whether a sample is random or biased.
- Classify a statistical study as descriptive or inferential.
- Solve real-world problems using statistics.
Graphing and Measures of Center
- Create a frequency distribution.
- Create a graphical display using technology.
- Interpret data presented in a graph.
- Analyze a set of data with respect to characteristics such as center distribution, outliers, and time.
- Calculate mean, median, and mode for ungrouped data.
- Calculate standard deviation.
- Use graphs and measures of center to solve real-world problems.
- Determine if data is qualitative or quantitative.
Standard Deviation and Normal Distribution
- Describe a normal distribution of a variable.
- Determine areas under a normal curve.
- Determine the z-score(s) for an area under the normal curve.
- Apply the empirical rule to normally distributed data.
- Calculate probability from a normal curve and z-score.
- Use standard deviation and normal distribution to solve real-world problems.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.