mth219 | undergraduate
Introduction To College Algebra
topic title goes here
Composite and Inverse Functions, Radical Expressions, and Radical Equations
- Perform mathematical operations on expressions with rational exponents.
Perform mathematical operations on radical expressions.
- Solve equations containing radicals.
- Perform composition of functions.
- Determine the inverse of a function.
Rational Expressions, Rational Equations and Functions
- Perform mathematic operations on radical functions.
- Determine function values from a graph.
- Perform arithmetic operations on rational expressions.
- Use rational equations to solve application problems.
- Solve problems using variation.
- Compute function values.
- Determine the domain and range of a function.
- Perform mathematic operations on functions.
- Evaluate piecewise functions.
Factoring Polynomials and Rational Expressions
- Factor special case polynomials.
- Simplify rational expressions.
- Use quadratic equations to solve application problems.
- Divide rational expressions.
- Factor trinomials whose leading coefficient is not one.
- Multiply rational expressions.
Mathematical Models, Equations, and Inequalities
- Perform arithmetic operations on algebraic expressions.
- Identify properties of real numbers.
- Perform arithmetic operations on real numbers.
- Evaluate numerical expressions using order of operations.
- Solve linear equations.
- Use mathematical models to solve application problems.
Solve compound inequalities.
- Solve linear inequalities.
- Solve absolute value equations.
- Solve a formula for a given variable.
Linear Equations in Two Variables, Polynomials, and Introduction to Factoring Polynomials
- Graph linear equations in two variables.
- Determine the slope of a linear equation.
- Factor trinomials when the leading coefficient is one.
- Factor polynomials using the greatest common factor.
- Factor polynomials by grouping.
- Perform arithmetic operations on polynomials.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.