mth219 | undergraduate
Introduction To College Algebra
topic title goes here
Composite and Inverse Functions
- Evaluate inverse functions.
- Solve real-world applications of operations on functions.
- Perform mathematic operations on functions.
- Perform composition of functions.
- Determine the inverse of a function.
- Evaluate composition of functions.
Mathematical Models, Equations, and Inequalities
- Perform arithmetic operations on algebraic expressions.
- Identify properties of real numbers.
- Evaluate numerical expressions using order of operations.
- Solve linear equations.
- Solve linear inequalities.
- Solve a formula for a given variable.
- Use mathematical models to solve real-world application problems.
Linear Equations in Two Variables, Functions, and Graphing Polynomials
- Compute function values from an equation and from a graph.
- Perform arithmetic operations on polynomials.
- Determine solutions to real-world applications involving linear functions.
- Determine the domain and range of a function.
- Graph linear equations in two variables.
- Determine the slope and the y-intercept of a linear equation.
- Use technology to graph polynomial equations.
- Factor polynomials using multiple methods.
- Factor trinomials when the leading coefficient is one.
- Factor trinomials whose leading coefficient is not one.
- Factor special case polynomials.
- Factor quadratic equations to solve real-world application problems.
- Determine the zeros of a polynomial equation.
Rational Expressions, Rational Equations and Functions
- Simplify rational expressions.
- Perform arithmetic operations on rational expressions.
- Solve rational equations algebraically.
- Solve problems using direct, joint, and inverse variation.
- Use proportions to solve real-world applications.
- Use technology to solve rational equations.
- Use rational equations to solve real-world application problems.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.