mth233 | undergraduate
topic title goes here
Correlation and Regression
Interpret the correlation of data from a graph.
- Perform a hypothesis test on a correlation coefficient.
- Calculate the equation of the regression line for a set of paired data.
Calculate the correlation coefficient.
- Use the results of the regression line equation for predictions.
Standard Deviation, Probability, and Normal Distribution
Calculate probabilities using the addition and multiplication rules.
- Use the empirical rule to determine if a data value is usual or unusual.
- Calculate standard deviation and variance for ungrouped data.
Calculate probabilities using the classical and relative frequency approaches.
- Use combinations to calculate the total number of possible events.
- Calculate a probability from a Z-score and vice versa.
Introduction to Statistics, Graphing, and Measures of Center
- Classify data.
- Distinguish between a sample and a population.
- Determine whether a sample is random or biased.
- Analyze a set of data with respect to characteristics such as Center, Distribution, Outliers, and Time.
- Create a frequency distribution.
Create a graphical display using technology.
- Interpret data presented in a graph.
- Calculate mean, median, and mode for ungrouped data.
Central Limit Theorem and Estimates
Identify biased and unbiased estimators.
- Use the Central Limit Theorem to calculate probabilities and z-scores.
- Calculate a probability from a t-score and vice versa.
- Calculate and interpret confidence intervals for proportions and means.
- Calculate the required sample size to estimate a population proportion and mean.
Perform the steps in hypothesis testing with one- and two-tailed z-tests.
- Perform the steps in hypothesis testing with one- and two-tailed t-tests.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.