mth220 | undergraduate
topic title goes here
Sequences and Series
- Solve factorial notation problems.
- Solve recursion formula problems.
- Solve application problems involving a series.
- Find a general term given the terms of a sequence.
- Find the sum of the first n terms of a sequence.
- Find terms of a sequence from the general term.
Systems of Equations and Matrices
- Use matrices and Gaussian elimination to solve systems.
- Solve systems of linear equations.
- Distinguish between linear and nonlinear systems of equations.
- Solve systems of nonlinear equations.
- Perform operations on matrices.
- Solve systems of linear inequalities with graphing.
Counting Methods and Probability
- Use the multiplication principle to solve counting problems.
- Solve permutation problems.
- Solve combination problems.
- Solve probability problems.
Graphing, the Distance Formula, and Circles
- Graph rational functions.
- Identify functions behavior as increasing, decreasing, or constant.
- Solve problems involving a function’s zeros, maximum, or minimum values.
- Graph polynomial functions.
- Perform transformations on a given graph.
- Find the distance between two points.
- Find the midpoint of a segment.
- Write the standard form of a circle’s equation.
- Perform operations on functions.
Exponential and Logarithmic Functions
- Apply properties of logarithms.
- Identify types of symmetry and asymptotes, given a function and a graphing calculator.
- Solve exponential functions.
- Solve logarithmic functions.
- Identify graphs of exponential and logarithmic functions.
- Convert between exponential and logarithmic forms.
- Solve real-world applications using exponential and logarithmic functions.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.