mth225 | undergraduate
topic title goes here
Trigonometric Functions and Identities
- Describe the graphs of trigonometric functions.
- Manipulate trigonometric identities.
- Analyze values of inverse trigonometric functions.
- Convert angle measures between degrees and radians.
- Construct the unit circle.
- Use the unit circle to find the values of trigonometric functions.
- Apply trigonometric functions to solve right triangles.
Trigonometric Equations, Law of Sines, Law of Cosines, and Polar Coordinates
- Solve trigonometric equations.
- Solve oblique triangles using the laws of sines and cosines.
- Convert coordinates between polar and rectangular.
- Convert equations between polar and rectangular.
Introduction to Functions
- Analyze graphs of functions including inverse functions.
- Graph functions including inverse functions.
Use different methods to find the roots of polynomials.
- Apply the fundamental theorem of algebra.
- Apply the use of functions to real-world situations.
Rational, Logarithmic, and Exponential Functions
- Determine the domain of a rational function.
- Identify the vertical, horizontal, and slant asymptotes of a rational function.
- Solve exponential and logarithmic functions.
- Analyze the relationship between exponential and logarithmic functions.
- Analyze graphs of exponential and logarithmic functions.
- Apply exponential and logarithmic functions to real-world problems.
Systems of Equations
- Calculate solutions using Gaussian elimination.
- Calculate solutions using inverse matrices.
Solve systems of linear equations in two variables.
- Solve systems of linear equations in three variables.
- Calculate solutions using Cramer’s rule.
Precalculus Content Review
- Review all topics and objectives from Weeks One through Six.
Conic Sections, Sequences, and Series
- Solve geometric sequences and series.
- Differentiate among the equations for conic sections.
- Examine how transformations affect conic sections.
- Use sequence and summation notation.
- Solve arithmetic series.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.