mth233 | undergraduate
This undergraduate-level course is 5 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Introduction to Statistics, Graphing, and Measures of Center
- Determine whether a sample is random or biased.
- Analyze a set of data with respect to characteristics such as Center, Distribution, Outliers, and Time.
- Create a frequency distribution.
- Create a graphical display using technology.
- Interpret data presented in a graph.
- Calculate mean, median, and mode for ungrouped data.
- Classify data.
- Distinguish between a sample and a population.
Standard Deviation, Probability, and Normal Distribution
- Calculate standard deviation and variance for ungrouped data.
- Use the empirical rule to determine if a data value is usual or unusual.
- Calculate probabilities using the classical and relative frequency approaches.
- Calculate probabilities using the addition and multiplication rules.
- Use combinations to calculate the total number of possible events.
- Calculate a probability from a Z-score and vice versa.
Central Limit Theorem and Estimates
- Identify biased and unbiased estimators.
- Use the Central Limit Theorem to calculate probabilities and z-scores.
- Calculate a probability from a t-score and vice versa.
- Calculate and interpret confidence intervals for proportions and means.
- Calculate the required sample size to estimate a population proportion and mean.
- Perform the five steps in hypothesis testing with one- and two-tailed "z" tests.
- Perform the five steps in hypothesis testing with one- and two- tailed "t" tests.
Correlation and Regression
- Interpret the correlation of data from a graph.
- Calculate the correlation coefficient.
- Perform a hypothesis test on a correlation coefficient.
- Calculate the equation of the regression line for a set of paired data.
- Use the results of the regression line equation for predictions.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.