mth506 | Graduate
Methods Of Teaching Mathematics
topic title goes here
Place Value and Whole Numbers, Fractions, and Decimals
- Demonstrate the use of manipulatives to teach computation using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
- Analyze concepts related to place value.
- Demonstrate the use of manipulatives to teach the concept of place value.
- Analyze concepts related to whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
- Demonstrate the use of manipulatives to teach concepts related to whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
Measurement and Probability and Data Analysis
- Evaluate strategies for teaching measurement concepts.
- Evaluate techniques for teaching concepts related to probability and data analysis.
Geometry and Spatial Sense
- Solve problems using geometric concepts and models.
- Evaluate strategies for teaching geometry concepts.
Mathematics Assessment and Classroom and Materials Management
- Evaluate assessment techniques, tools, and strategies used to evaluate student learning in mathematics.
- Evaluate classroom and materials management as it relates to mathematics instruction.
Mathematics Content and Process Standards and Recognizing Patterns
- Identify the content and process standards in preschool through eighth-grade mathematics.
- Apply national and local mathematics standards to instruction and assessment.
- Describe the importance of pattern recognition in understanding mathematics.
- Demonstrate the use of manipulatives to teach recognition and extension of patterns.
Problem Solving and Reasoning and Number Sense
- Analyze the process for successful problem solving.
- Analyze strategies for facilitating problem solving activities.
- Create activities designed to help students develop reasoning and logic skills.
- Explain the concept of number and number sense.
- Demonstrate the use of manipulatives to teach counting and number relationships.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.