mth535 | Graduate
topic title goes here
Areas of Polygons and Circles
- Calculate circumference and area of circles.
- Identify area and arc length of a sector.
- Apply the area formula to regular polygons.
- Determine areas of quadrilaterals.
Parallel Lines and Polygons, Quadrilaterals
- Identify different types of polygons and their components.
- Define parallel lines, transversals, and angles.
- Describe the characteristics of a quadrilateral.
- Apply the properties of parallelograms.
- Use the properties of special quadrilaterals (e.g., parallelogram, rectangles, squares, rhombus, and kite).
- Examine the properties of trapezoids.
Foundations of Geometry, Triangles
- Define deductive or inductive reasoning and proofs, and axiomatic systems.
- Identify points, lines, and planes.
- Describe segments, rays, and angles.
- Formulate geometric proofs.
- Classify triangles by their sides and by their angles.
- Prove how triangles are congruent using geometric theorems.
- Construct a triangle congruent to a given triangle.
- Use congruent and right triangles to prove statements and theorems.
- Review topics and objectives from all weeks.
Similar Polygons and the Pythagorean Theorem
- Define ratio, proportion, and proportional segments.
- Apply the postulates and theorems of similar polygons.
- Construct proportional segments of polygons.
- Demonstrate the applications of the Pythagorean Theorem.
- Define a circle and related terms (e.g., arcs, semi-circles, inscribed angles).
- Describe the theorems of chords and secants of circles.
- Construct a tangent to a circle and measure angles formed by tangents.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.