mthp208 | undergraduate
College Mathematics I
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Linear Equations and Inequalities
- Evaluate linear equations.
- Solve linear equations.
- Solve equations using formulas
- Use linear equations and inequalities in real-world applications.
- Solve linear inequalities.
Graphs and Linear Functions
- Create a linear equation using data.
- Use linear functions in real-world applications.
- Identify representations of functions.
- Generate graphs.
- Determine the intercepts of a linear function.
- Determine the slope of a linear function.
Fundamentals of Algebraic Expressions and Equations
- Apply properties of real numbers to algebraic expressions.
- Translate English phrases to algebraic expressions.
- Identify variables, coefficients and constants.
- Evaluate expressions.
- Solve problems using order of operations.
- Simplify algebraic expressions by combining like terms.
- Use exponents in algebraic expressions.
- Apply exponential principles to scientific notation.
Systems of Two-Variable Linear Equations
- Use systems of equations and inequalities in real-world applications.
- Solve systems of linear Inequalities.
- Solve systems of linear equations algebraically.
- Solve systems of linear equations by graphing.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.