mthp209 | undergraduate
College Mathematics II
This undergraduate-level course is 5 This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Nonlinear Functions, Sequences, and Series
- Use arithmetic and geometric sequences and series.
- Use inverse functions.
- Use composite functions.
- Use logarithmic functions.
- Simplify polynomials.
- Use the distribution property with polynomials.
- Perform polynomial operations.
- Use polynomials in real-world applications.
- Factor polynomials using the Greatest Common Factor.
- Factor trinomial expressions of the form x^2 + bx +c.
- Factor trinomial expressions of the form ax^2 + bx +c.
- Factor polynomial expressions using special products.
Rational and Radical Expressions
- Solve rational equations and formulas.
- Solve proportion and variation problems.
- Simplify radical expressions.
- Solve problems involving radical expressions.
- Perform operations on rational expressions.
Quadratic Equations and Functions
- Identify polynomial, rational, radical, and quadratic functions.
- Identify the domain and range of a function.
- Perform operations on functions.
- Solve quadratic equations.
- Apply nonlinear equations to real-world problems.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.