mus250 | undergraduate
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Music and Identity
- Identify how musical traits characterize different cultures.
- Assess the role music plays in establishing identity.
Music's Power of Illustration
- Combine audio and visual mediums to convey an emotion.
- Identify elements of music which can be used to convey concepts and ideas.
- Determine how music can represent objects, events, and emotions.
The World of Music; Music and Faith
- Explain how music intersects with spirituality.
- Identify the relationship between music and religious and social contexts.
- Determine how music interweaves with modern life.
Instruments and Performance
- Identify musical instruments used in domestic and public settings.
- Determine how changes in musical styles relate to the evolution of musical instruments.
The Social and Political Power of Music
- Determine social functions of music.
- Identify the role of music in political and social protest movements.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.