nrp560 | Graduate
Management Of Women's Health Issues
This graduate-level course is 12 This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Diagnosis and Management of Breast Disorders
- Demonstrate breast self-examination incorporating teaching strategies.
- Determine risk factors for the development of breast cancer.
- Analyze strategies for screening, diagnosis, and management of breast disorders.
Diagnosis and Management of Menstrual and Sexual Disorders
- Propose differential diagnoses and work-up based on symptoms of amenorrhea, abnormal vaginal bleeding, and dysfunctional uterine bleeding.
- Determine indications and techniques for endometrial biopsy.
- Devise a management plan for the patient with menstrual disorders and premenstrual syndrome (PMS)/premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD).
- Assess and manage sexual dysfunction in women.
Diagnosis and Management of Pelvic Pain and Pelvic Masses
- Differentiate nongynecological from gynecological causes of acute pelvic pain, identifying elements of the history that guide the evaluation process.
- Propose differential diagnoses and work-up based on clinical symptoms of acute and chronic pelvic pain and/or pelvic mass.
Diagnosis and Management of Cervical and Vaginal Conditions
- Analyze appropriate prevention strategies related to human papilloma virus (HPV).
- Analyze the role of human papilloma virus (HPV) in cervical and vulvar lesions, developing management strategies for vulvar intraepithelial neoplasia (VIN) I-III and cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN) I-III.
Diagnosis and Management Sexually Transmitted Disease (STDs)
- Analyze risk factors and prevention strategies for sexually transmitted diseases across the lifespan.
- Compare and contrast signs and symptoms of vaginitis and sexually transmitted diseases.
- Propose differential diagnoses and work-up based on clinical symptoms of vaginitis and sexually transmitted disease.
Management of Fertility Control
- Analyze contraception options available to women and their benefits and risks.
- Evaluate the management of emergency contraception.
- Establish the NPs role in assisting patients with decisions regarding fertility control.
Diagnosis and Management of Infertility
- Determine the work-up for infertility.
- Examine the NPs role in the diagnosis and management of infertility.
Diagnosis and Management of the Climacteric Period
- Develop appropriate counseling strategies for perimenopausal and postmenopausal women.
- Analyze management strategies for hormone replacement therapies for perimenopausal and menopausal women.
- Evaluate management strategies for side effects of hormone replacement therapy.
- Analyze risk factors, diagnostic tests, and treatment options for osteoporosis in women.
Women's Psychosocial Issues
- Analyze risk factors for domestic violence and substance abuse in women.
- Assess one’s own medico centric foundation as it relates to psychosocial issues in women.
- Determine effective strategies for assisting women in balancing family and career.
Integration of Theory Into Practice
- Analyze lessons learned while caring for female patients.
- Evaluate care provided for female clients.
Disease Prevention and Health Promotion in Women's Health
- Formulate a plan to incorporate age-specific preventive health strategies into initial and follow-up office visits.
- Analyze risk factors and implement intervention strategies on disease prevention for women of all age groups.
Diagnosis and Management of the Obstetric (OB) Patient
- Develop preconception counseling and risk assessment strategies for patients desiring pregnancy.
- Identify the normal physiologic changes during the three trimesters of pregnancy.
- Analyze nutrition issues in the OB patient.
- Analyze the nurse practitioner’s role in the management of normal pregnancies.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.