nsci281 | undergraduate
Anatomy And Physiology II
This undergraduate-level course is 7 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
The Respiratory System
- Outline the process of air inhalation to exhalation through the respiratory system.
- Manipulate air passages to affect lung inhalation.
- Identify the effects of vocal imbalances on voice production.
- Discuss the mechanics of breathing.
The Digestive System and Nutrition
- Explain the digestive process and the organs used in the digestive process.
- Perform chemical tests to determine whether digestion of food has occurred.
- Describe how the body metabolizes nutrients to regulate body temperature.
The Urinary Systems, Fluids, and Electrolytes
- Describe the function of the kidneys as a filtration mechanism for the body.
- Describe how the body absorbs and releases water.
- Demonstrate how chemicals regulate the bodyâs pH.
The Reproductive System
- Compare the female reproductive organs to the male reproductive organs.
- Examine the effects of hormones on reproductive organs..
- Demonstrate knowledge of the developmental changes from the prenatal period through adolescence.
The Cardiovascular System â Blood and the Heart
- Examine the composition of blood and its functions.
- Analyze the importance of blood testing and what can be learned through blood analysis.
- List three parts of the heart and describe how each part works to make the heart pump and circulate blood.
- Explain the physiological properties of the heart.
The Cardiovascular System â Blood Vessels and Circulation
- Describe blood pressure and the factors that can contribute to an altered state of blood pressure.
- Discuss the methods by which blood flows to special areas.
- Examine factors that contribute to blood flow.
The Lymphatic and Immune Systems
- Compare the structure of a lymph node to other lymphoid organs.
- Identify instances of the bodyâs innate and adaptive defenses.
- Demonstrate how serological tests are performed.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.