nsg320 | undergraduate
Professional Nursing Role
This undergraduate-level course is 5 This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Professional Responsibility and Accountability
- Relate the ANA Code of Nursing Ethics to common ethical issues faced by professional nurses.
- Describe the fundamental legal aspects of professional liability, informed consent, and death-related issues.
- Explain the purpose of the Nursing Practice Act.
Concepts of Professional Practice and Nursing Roles
- Explain the phases of the nursing process.
- Describe the concept of critical thinking in nursing.
- Define clinical judgment in nursing practice.
- Describe common professional nursing roles.
Nursing as a Profession
- Differentiate between a profession and an occupation.
- Identify historical events related to professional nursing practice.
- List the attributes of nurses that promote professional practice.
Theory as Foundation for Nursing Practice
- Explain the relationship between nursing theory and professional nursing practice.
- Describe the relationship between nursing research and evidence-based practice.
- Explain the nurse’s role in research.
Role Transition and Professional Development
- Describe the processes of professional socialization and role development.
- Compare the scope of professional registered nursing practice to that of practical/vocational nursing practice.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.