nsg341 | undergraduate
Care Of The Medical-surgical Patient
This undergraduate-level course is 10 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Introduction to Medical/Surgical Nursing and Complementary and Alternative Therapies
- Correlate impairment of sensory perception with optimal care of patients with alteration of skin integrity, musculoskeletal function, fluid and electrolyte imbalance, acid-balance, impaired renal function, and/or impaired respiratory function.
- Compare and contrast barriers to adequate pain control.
- Determine nursing interventions that reduce risk of infection.
- Demonstrate appropriate nursing care skills for the medical-surgical patient.
- Integrate nursing knowledge and skills with care of the medical-surgical patient.
- Demonstrate appropriate ongoing health assessment of the medical-surgical patient.
- Interpret diagnostic and assessment findings to plan appropriate nursing care for the medical-surgical patient.
- Collaborate with health care professionals to address medical-surgical patient health issues.
- Use the nursing process to apply culturally sensitive medical-surgical nursing interventions.
- Evaluate effectiveness of medical-surgical patient care interventions.
- Utilize an appropriate documentation system to record medical-surgical patient care.
- Include basic concepts of complementary and alternative healing practice in planning culturally sensitive patient care using Watsonâs theory of human caring.
- Determine appropriate nursing interventions for the nursing care of the preoperative and postoperative patient.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.