nsg347 | undergraduate
Care Of The Medical-surgical Patient II
This undergraduate-level course is 10 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Alterations in the Hematologic System
- Demonstrate knowledge, skills, and attitudes of the professional nurse in complex patient care.
- Interpret diagnostic and assessment findings to plan appropriate nursing care for the geriatric medical-surgical patient.
- Collaborate with health care professionals to address geriatric medical-surgical patient health issues.
- Use the nursing process to apply culturally sensitive geriatric medical-surgical nursing interventions.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of medical-surgical patient care interventions for the aging patient.
- Utilize an appropriate documentation system to record medical-surgical patient care.
- Include basic concepts of complementary and alternative healing practices in planning culturally sensitive patient care, using Watson's theory of caring.
- Determine appropriate nursing interventions for the care of the geriatric patient.
- Correlate the aging process with optimal care of patients with alterations of hematological, cardiovascular, neurological, endocrine, gastrointestinal, and the immunologic function.
- Describe factors influencing reproductive function and sexuality in adult/geriatric patients.
- Determine nursing interventions that reduce the risk of infection.
- Describe the stages of grief.
- Demonstrate appropriate nursing care skills for the geriatric medical-surgical patient.
- Integrate nursing knowledge and skills with the care of the geriatric medical-surgical patient.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.