nsg430 | undergraduate
Evidence-based Practice & Information Tech In Health Care
Students will compare and contrast nursing research and EBP. The focus of the course examines nursing practices related to patient safety and quality of patient care. Impact of technology in health care delivery will be explored in relation to patient safety. Students are required to successfully complete 15 clinical hours to pass the course.
This undergraduate-level course is 7 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Utilizing Research to Support Nursing Practice
- Describe methods of measuring quality assurance and patient safety.
- Describe the use of electronic data monitoring systems in supporting EBP
- Analyze the role of the nurse in implementing and disseminating research and EBP.
Sustaining Evidence-Based Practice
- Identify evidence-based nursing practice that optimizes patient safety and quality of patient care.
- Describe the use of decision support systems when incorporating EBP in nursing.
- Explain the use of Internet resources that support professional development and the ability to provide evidenced-based care.
Developments in Nursing Research and Informatics
- Describe the use of informatics to support consumer education needs.
- Relate developments in standardization and interoperability of health care information management systems to patient safety and quality of patient care.
Introduction to Research
- Summarize the history of nursing research.
- Describe qualitative, quantitative, and outcomes research.
- Differentiate the concepts of evidence-based practice, research utilization, and translational research.
- Describe the relationship between nursing research and nursing informatics.
Data Collection, Measurement, and Analysis
- Describe the use of informatics for data collection, analysis, and dissemination of information.
- Describe data collection methods and procedures for quantitative, qualitative, and EBP.
- Explain various statistical and analytical methods.
Evaluating Research Findings
- Evaluate the quality and validity of research studies.
Ethical and Legal Issues
- Identify ethical and legal principles that guide research and EBP implementation.
- Explain ethical and legal dilemmas in nursing informatics.
Planning and Design
- Explain the relationships among theory, practice, and research.
- Describe the basic elements of the research process.
- Distinguish levels of research evidence.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.