nsg450 | undergraduate
Epidemiology And Global Health
This undergraduate-level course is 5 This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
- Apply findings from epidemiology research into practice.
- Describe the use of statistics in epidemiology research.
- Describe examples of evidence-based practice.
- Interpret the difference between epidemiology methods.
Public Health Surveillance and Investigation
- Identify steps in disease surveillance.
- Identify vulnerable populations.
- Recognize sources of data used in outbreak investigations.
- Explain the factors contributing to emerging infectious diseases.
Global Health Issues
- Identify risk factors for communicable diseases.
- Determine concepts necessary for managing disease in migrant populations.
- Explain the relationship between the environment, human health, and diseases.
- Analyze emerging global health issues that affect public health nursing.
Public Health Nursing Roles
- Recognize the roles of nurses in public health settings.
- Explain the importance of health education in disease prevention.
- Summarize emerging public health issues that affect public health nursing.
Introduction to Public and Global Health
- Determine culturally competent nursing interventions.
- Identify global health issues.
- Determine health promotion indicators for a specified community.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.