nsg510 | Graduate
Theoretical Foundations Of Nursing Roles And Practice
This course introduces the College of Nursing’s philosophical framework for professional practice. Topics include theories and models of the interrelated roles of the nurse as researcher, practitioner, and leader.
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Nursing as Science, Theory, and Practice
- Distinguish concepts related to theories, models, and frameworks.
- Explain the evolution of nursing theory.
- Explain the relationships between nursing science, theory, and the profession.
Contemporary Influences on the Professional Role
- Explain the relationship between QSEN competencies and the professional role of the nurse.
- Identify the impact of IOM report on the role of the professional nurse.
- Explain how theory contributes to contemporary influences on the professional role.
Perspectives on Professional Roles
- Demonstrate a personal awareness of role clarity.
- Explain how theory contributes to perspectives of the professional role of a nurse.
Application of Professional Role to Practice, Research, and Leadership
- Describe the relationship between the professional nursing role and patient care and safety.
- Apply decision making skills of a Masters-prepared nurse to professional settings.
- Explain how theory contributes to the application of professional role to practice, research, and leadership.
Structure and Use of Nursing Theory
- Identify the constructs of nursing theories.
- Identify the levels of nursing theory.
- Describe how nursing theorists use the nursing metaparadigm as a structure for theory development.
- Explain the influence of nursing theorists on practice.
- Develop a personal nursing philosophy statement.
Concepts of the Professional Nursing Role
- Explain the relationship of the professional nursing role to role clarity.
- Apply Benner’s Novice to Expert continuum to the professional role of the nurse.
- Explain the role of the professional nurse as a member of the inter-professional healthcare team.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.