nsg515 | Graduate
Nursing Research And Evidence-based Practice
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Considering Validity and Reliability of Findings
- Relate triangulation methods to the reliability and validity of findings.
- Analyze systematic reviews of research evidence.
- Relate levels of evidence to the implications for application into practice.
Integrating Results Into Practice
- Determine levels of evidence supporting clinical guidelines for application in practice settings to improve health outcomes.
Introduction of MSN to Research
- Relate the roles of the nurse as scientist to research and evidence-based practice.
- Describe the process of translation of evidence into clinical practice.
- Differentiate between quantitative and qualitative methods.
Quantitative Research Analysis
- Compare the main designs of quantitative research.
- Explain quantitative nursing research in the hierarchy of evidence.
- Analyze the criteria for rigor of quantitative studies.
- Interpret a quantitative research report.
- Explain population sampling methods.
Qualitative Research Analysis
- Compare the main designs of qualitative research.
- Explain qualitative nursing research in the hierarchy of evidence.
- Analyze the criteria for rigor of qualitative studies.
- Interpret a qualitative research report.
Legal and Ethical Implications
- Identify legal and ethical issues in nursing research.
- Describe the institutional review board and use of human subjects.
- Explain how to protect study participants and at-risk populations.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.