nsg530 | Graduate
Theory And Principles Of Nursing Education
This graduate-level course is 8 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Characteristics of the Adult Learner
- Clinical: Develop a tool and procedure to collect the data you need for your needs assessment.
- Utilize the characteristics of the adult learner to facilitate critical thinking.
- Distinguish between andragogy and pedagogy.
- Evaluate the effects of internal and external factors/forces on adult learning.
- Explore motivation as it relates to the individual adult learner.
Ways of Learning
- Discern what affects readiness to learn.
- Critique learning styles.
- Suggest use and adaptation of readiness to learn and learning styles in nursing education .
- Clinical: Conduct your needs assessment.
Domains and Goals of Learning
- Appraise the different domains of learning.
- Differentiate goals of learning.
- Critique how domains of learning influence acquisition of knowledge and teaching methods.
- Clinical: Compile the raw data you gathered in your needs assessment.
- Examine motivational theories.
- Compare and contrast theoretical models and conceptual frameworks.
- Differentiate learning theories.
- Evaluate how nursing theory can guide the nurse educator.
- Clinical: Determine data points necessary for carrying out a needs assessment
Accreditation, Regulatory Bodies, and Curriculum
- Clinical: Summarize needs assessment data.
- Describe the impact of various regulatory bodies on curriculum
- Compare and contrast the various accreditation standards related to nursing education
- Outline the importance of mapping curriculum to industry standards
- Describe requirements for nurse educator practice
- Maintain knowledge and currency in area of expertise
- Analyze professional development opportunities in nursing education.
- Clinical: Identify needs or gaps in your results.
- Define diversity in terms of educational environments in health care and nursing.
- Recognize the effect of diversity amongst learners and on their learning styles.
- Clinical: Analyze your needs assessment data.
Educational Frameworks and Philosophies
- Compare and Contrast traditional and modern educational frameworks and philosophies.
- Explore the use of frameworks and philosophies in developing nursing curriculum.
- Clinical: Meet with mentor to discuss needs assessment.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.