ntc245 | undergraduate
Foundation Of Local Area Networks
This undergraduate-level course is 5 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Network Planning and Security
- Give examples of threats, vulnerabilities, and exploits to networks, and how they relate to each other.
- Plan a LAN.
- Explain the process of planning for Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity.
Local Area Networks and the OSI Model
- Define key terms related to the OSI and TCP/IP models.
- Explain the purpose of a LAN and the benefits it can provide.
- Define basic LAN terminology.
Media, Topologies, and Technologies
- Differentiate between different LAN topologies.
- Differentiate between types of media and connectivity.
- Differentiate between types of networks.
- Distinguish between various networking protocols.
Network Operating Systems
- Explain how LAN operating systems work.
- Explain the various network services.
- Define the various network services in Microsoft® Windows®.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.