ntc248 | undergraduate
Foundations Of Networking
This undergraduate-level course is 5 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Network Routing and Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)
- Determine IP addressing components and network services appropriate to an organizationâs needs.
- Differentiate between different dynamic IP routing protocols.
- Incorporate TCP/IP concepts and applications into network designs.
- Explain the Internet Protocol (IP) packet header structure and how a router works.
- Analyze various electronic and physical network risks, vulnerabilities, and threats.
- Choose methods for hardening a network to given circumstances and goals.
- Examine the effectiveness of firewalls in protecting networks from threats.
- Determine business continuity and disaster recovery concepts that should be incorporated into an organizationâs network appropriate to the organizationâs risks.
- Determine appropriate network tools to detect and isolate various network problems.
- Apply the network troubleshooting process in resolving common network performance issues.
- Evaluate various network monitoring tools to support an organizationâs network performance goals.
- Compare the usefulness of various network monitoring tools in generating and analyzing performance metrics.
Network Concepts and Standards
- Differentiate the pros and cons of various networking topologies.
- Describe the functions of various network components.
- Identify networking standards and standard bodies.
- Explain the characteristics and benefits of various Wide-Area Network (WAN) technologies.
Ethernet, Wireless Networking, Cloud Computing and Virtualization
- Explain the Ethernet frame structure and how a switch works.
- Discuss how to create and use Virtual Local-Area Networks (VLANs).
- Describe the process for implementing appropriate Wireless Local-Area Network (WLAN) technologies and configurations for an organization.
- Compare cloud services and how they can be used by organizations.
- Summarize virtualization services and how they can be used by organizations.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.