nti504 | Graduate
Assessment And Evaluation
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Developing Meaningful Assessments
- Apply DuFourâs second essential question for learning (How will we know if students are learning?) to assessment development.
- Create relevant and rigorous assessments based on learning goals.
- Establish assessment criteria in order to determine studentsâ level of mastery.
Data-Based Instructional Decisions for Intervention
- Apply DuFourâs third essential question for learning (How will we respond if students do not learn it?) to assessment development.
- Analyze student data to identify trends or patterns.
- Develop an instructional plan that includes differentiated instructional strategies for intervention.
Data-Based Instructional Decisions for Extension
- Apply DuFourâs fourth essential question for learning (How will we respond if students already know it?) to assessment development.
- Utilize student data analysis to provide effective feedback.
- Develop an instructional plan that includes differentiated instructional strategies for extension.
- All objectives apply.
- Analyze the differences between formative and summative assessments.
- Discuss the role that assessment plays in backward design for learning.
- Examine DuFourâs four essential questions for learning and how they guide assessment planning and design.
Setting Assessment Goals and Expectations
- Apply DuFourâs first essential question for learning (What do we expect students to learn?) to assessment development.
- Explore the role that Bloomâs Taxonomy and Webbâs Depth of Knowledge (DOK) have in assessment and development.
- Create learning goals that align to key targets and standards (e.g., SMART goals).
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.