nur310 | undergraduate
Theoretical Bases For Nursing Practice
This undergraduate-level course is 5 This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Collaborative Nursing Practice
- Describe the impact of HIPAA (1996) regulations on collaborative practice.
- Identify competencies necessary for collaborative interaction and care within health care settings.
Nursing Diagnosis, Outcomes, and Interventions
- Identify the purpose and use of nursing diagnosis, NIC, and NOC.
- Relate NIC and NOC to appropriate nursing diagnoses.
- Apply NIC to appropriate nursing interventions.
Use of Orem's Self-Care Model in Planning Client Care
- Define nursing systems in terms of professional nursing.
- Demonstrate the use of critical thinking skills in the application of professional nursing concepts.
- Describe the change agent role in providing professional nursing care to clients.
- Apply the Orem nursing system model to the management of a client in a case study situation.
- Define clinical judgment in nursing practice.
- Relate nursing systems and professional nursing roles to clinical examples.
Professional Theory-Based Nursing Practice
- Describe the relevance of standards of practice to professional nursing.
- Describe how personal and ethical values impact professional practice.
- Identify the components of Orem's self-care deficit theory.
- Differentiate between universal, developmental, and health deviation self-care requisites.
- Define therapeutic self-care demand.
- Illustrate the components of the nursing process.
- Compare the components of Orem's self-care model with the nursing process.
- Identify self-care deficits associated with nursing diagnoses in a case study situation.
- Describe nursing agency as it is applied within the structure of the nursing process.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.